These fabulous chips are great if you are craving something salty and crunchy with an airy center. I first learned of these chips after buying them at a local farmers market. The recipe is simple:
1. Take about a pound of Okra and cut the ends
2. Place them in a zip lock bag with approximately a tablespoon of oil (I like either extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, or coconut oil)
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper into the bag
3. Shake the okra so that the oil and other ingredients are mixed over all of the okra pieces
4. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
5. Place okra on a baking sheet
6. Cook for 30 minutes (rotate the okra at the 15minute mark)
7. Take out and serve or let cool and save them as a salty treat in lieu of potato chips.
You can also make different tasty variations by changing the seasoning. Suggestions include making them with red pepper and cumin for those of you that like spicy type chips. Garlic salt along with a variety of herbs can be another option. Just replace the salt and pepper with your choice of seasoning. Experiment and share your versions.